OFFICIAL LLS EVENTS
- Celebrating Data Privacy Day 2019 - Co-Sponsored by Loyola Law School
Walking Through the First 72 Hours of a Cyber Incident
In boardrooms across the nation, one risk stands apart: cybersecurity. Join our experienced practitioners as they teach basic cybertech, along with the business and law of responding to a cyber intrusion. We especially invite mixed guests – business, legal, and technical professionals – to discuss the intersection of law and tech in cyber incidents. Things we’ll cover:
•Basic tech training. Do you know what your cyber team is talking about when they use terms like RAT (Remote Access Terminal) or SIEM (Security Information & Event Management)? You will after tonight.
•Public Disclosures. Is an incident material enough to make public? Find out what goes into that thought process.
•Cyber Forensics. How long does it take for an investigator to find out what happened? What does the report look like? Let’s find out.
Finally, join us after for drinks and hors d'oeuvres in celebration of Data Privacy Day 2019 – on us.
•Andrew Serwin, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP, and Chairman, National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA);
•Robert Kang, Senior Attorney for Cyber and National Security, Southern California Edison, and Adjunct Professor, Loyola Law School; and
•Pierson Clair, Associate Managing Director, Kroll
•Morrison & Foerster LLP
•IAPP KnowledgeNet Los Angeles
•Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
•National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance
Click More to Register
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
- The Wellness Calendar for the week is available here:
- Hello Students! The Office of Admissions is preparing to host several hundred prospective and admitted students on campus in the upcoming months and we are recruiting current students to act as Ambassadors for Loyola. If you enjoy student life at LLS, we hope you'll consider volunteering a few hours with the Admissions team! The LLS Ambassador program is an excellent way for students to get involved on campus. We will have a range of events for prospective students this spring including campus tours, class visits, information sessions, host days and more. We sometimes ask Ambassadors to accompany us to law fairs, speak on panels, and host pre-law groups from their undergraduate schools. The requirements of an Ambassador are fairly simple - Spring Ambassadors are required to participate in at least two admissions events per semester, and must be in good academic standing. (We encourage 1Ls to participa te!) We are looking for students who are excited about the Loyola experience and are eager to share with prospective students. We also encourage Evening students to apply, as there are opportunities to volunteer after 5pm. Please contact me at Kelly.Greer@lls.edu by Friday, January 25th if you are interested and would like more information.
- February 8, 2019 @ 12 Noon: 2018-2019 ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS TRIAL LAWYERS LAW SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE The LA Chapter of ABTL is offering one $2,000 scholarship to a law student, who meets the following criteria, 1) must be a third or fourth year law student, 2) must be in financial need, 3) must demonstrate commitment to public service, and 4) must demonstrate good academic performance with the likeliness of success in the legal profession. To apply, submit a resume, unofficial transcript with class rank, and a brief paragraph addressing the four application criteria to the Public Interest Law Department, FH227, or via email in pdf format to email@example.com by the deadline. Applications will be reviewed and one recipient will be selected by the Public Interest Law Committee. The one selected award recipient will be required to attend the ABTL award dinner program to receive the award. The award dinner program will be scheduled in April 2019.
- MARCH 1, 2019 @ 12 NOON: 2019 LOYOLA POST-GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP IN PUBLIC INTEREST LAW APPLICATION DEADLINE. Loyola Law School Post-Graduate fellowships are offered to four graduates and provide a full salary of $45,000 for one year to each selected fellow. Fellowships are available to Loyola graduates who apply in the year of their graduation or the following year. 2019 applications will be accepted from 2018 and 2019 graduates. For additional information regarding the fellowship program, application, instructions, and criteria, please click "Go":
SCHOLARSHIPS & WRITING COMPETITIONS
NEWS & NOTICES
Our weekly Catholic Eucharistic celebration takes place every Wednesday at 12:10pm in the Chapel of the Advocate here on the LLS campus during the academic year. Everyone is welcome! Our mass is offered for the intentions of our LLS community; if you have a special intention you would like for us to pray for, please let Fr. Pham know (firstname.lastname@example.org). Additionally, Fr. Pham is available for pastoral counseling and sacramental preparation as well; please contact him if you have any questions.